Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just a little behind.....

I am behind on my blogging - I have about 32 flights between August 20th, and today. I'll do some catching up, likely through a summary posting. The objective of all those flights was to get up to snuff for the flight test - grinding out circuits, filling in some skill gaps, build instrument time and three cross-country flights.

Compounding all of this, I was heading towards the last three months of the year, when sunset seemed like it was at 4pm and the weather seemed like it was always crappy.

But I have my Private Pilot's License - I tried my flight test on December 22nd and had a severe case of test-itus, and the DFTE passed me on all but two items. I obtained the remedial instruction, did the supervisory check (my primary flight instructor is a Class 4 so he needed his recommendation supervised by a Class 1/2 instructor), I got weathered-out six times, and finally passed the two remaining items on a partial flight test on January 21st (the last day of the 30-day period to conduct the partial flight test). I'll summarize everything later.

But I am now a pilot.

2 comments:

5400AirportRdSouth said...

Congratulations Jim!

I'd love to hear more about the flight test itself if you feel up to posting on it at some point.

Jim said...

Certainly will. I am now caught up on the "current" flights, so it's time to go fill in that missing 4 months.

Thanks for commenting.