Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Mind the Gap

So my last post was July 15th, about flying activities on July 10th. Since then I have 21 entries in my logbook. Ooooops.

Quick status:
  • I'll get a short posting about each flight posted (members of my family follow this blog to understand what I have been up to),
  • I am very happy with Rockcliffe Flying Club, and have continued my training there,
  • I've flown five different C172 aircraft, as well as the simulator. Each aircraft is unique, either in their original configuration, or because of the variances in equipment and layout that have crept in over the years,
  • I have completed my solo cross-country hours. Flew the dual with my instructor to Kingston and an overflight of Brockville, then (on the seventh attempt, but that's another story) flew it solo with only a touch&go in Brockville. Subsequently flew the same circuit, again solo, adding the full stop in Brockville.
  • Wrote and passed the PPL written examination,
  • Spoke and passed the english proficiency test,
  • Am in the home stretch for the PPL flight test.

Posting to resume shortly, both as a summary of each flight (which will have to be short out of necessity), as well as the examination/skill items for the upcoming flight review and flight test.

No comments: