Friday, June 05, 2009

Appointment at RFC

I went flying again last Saturday... I'm not sure if I liked it or not (different instructor, different technique). I definitely learned that I am rusty on my finer techniques and that I will have to pick up my game.

However, I am also not the little lithe guy I was in my early teenage years, and so weight is a concern when flying the Katana especially with another (male) instructor and a full tank of gas.

So, I have an appointment with the CFI over at Rockland Flying Club at 3:30 this afternoon. Aside from flying different aircraft (172's and 152's), they are a club rather than a business, and so there apparently is a different culture around the place.

I don't know if I am going to switch, or not -- but my mind is open.

1 comment:

Tony Hunt said...

Simon told me that you were in. I must have just missed you, I was out flying with a student in his private Cherokee from 3 - 5PM.

Sorry about the mess - the clubhouse got messed up when the tree fell on it and Tony's Mile Hi BBQ was flattened. The BBQ shack is being rebuilt now by Club volunteers.

I guess you saw the row of freshly wrecked aircraft. It is not a great advertisement for flight training! Rest assured they were all wrecked by the tornado, not by student technique.