Thursday, July 19, 2007

New CFI

I received notification that the flying school has a new Chief Flight Instructor.

Carpe Diem.

So I visited the school earlier this week and sat down with her for an hour to:
  • Introduce myself,
  • Discuss how I learn (I'm an analystic internalizer connect-the-dots person),
  • Discuss the next steps in my development,
  • All the full-time instructors at the school have changed since I last flew. I wanted to see if I would be happy with her as my primary instructor,
  • Find my ground school exit exam, and see where my areas of weakness are (she couldn't find it),
  • Discuss how best to make up the three Ground School sessions I missed due to business travel,
  • Procedure for writing PSTAR (drop in any time),
  • Had her photocopy my medical certificate for the school's files.
It was a good meeting. We have an action plan.

No comments: